Monday, October 1, 2012

Polish Me Pink

Good morning everyone :D I hope you all had a great weekend.

Today, I have a pink for Polish Us Pink. As many you know a pink ribbon is the color of breast cancer awareness. Last week I saw many tweets about possibly doing breast cancer awareness posts. I asked Susan from the The Subtle Shimmer if I could participate. She kindly said yes, it's open to anyone. If you click on the link, you can read her post about how Polish Us Pink was started. We all know someone or someone who knows someone with breast cancer. Or, some form of cancer. For me it's my mom. To not rehash old feelings, I'll just say that the day the doctor told us my mom was cancer free was a day filled with so much emotion. I wanted to cry so bad when the doctor told us, but I wanted to be strong for my mom. I just got really quiet, because I couldn't talk. I barely spoke on the way home. As soon as I dropped my mom off, I turned on the radio and 'Mother's Love' by KEM came on. I lost all composure and just let go and let God.  I really don't know how I made it home with all the tears. Ok, on to the mani.

I came up with a soft white based pink. It has a soft baby blue undertone with pink, blue and white shimmer, even a bit of turquoise shimmer. You can't really see the blue undertone or the shimmer but's there. I really love this polish! So chic and work appropriate. I used one thin coat and one thick coat for the pic and topped with Poshe TC.

I'm supposed to add links and some other things, but I'm going to have to edit and add those when I get home tonight.


 
Have a great day :D

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Minnie!!! It looks great on you and I'm so glad there is a pink you like ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! And it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! And for such a great cause =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I really love the shimmer! :)

    ReplyDelete