Sunday, May 20, 2012

Self Reflection Sunday

Hi everyone, I hope you all are having an awesome weekend! I was supposed to be experimenting with a new mica supplier, but I've yet to receive the micas :( Anyway, I'm so sorry for not posting much. School is really kicking my butt! The great thing is this is my last week! Yay!

This week's Self Reflection is about selfishness. I'm not a selfish person by nature. I love to give gifts and go way overboard with the amount of money I spend and the gifts I buy. If I could give gifts as a career, I would. I think it would be totally awesome to do that everyday. Anyway, having said. What I am selfish with is my time. This is something I've been working on for the past few months. I love my quiet life though. I think this comes from living in a hospital for almost the 1st year of my life. But, that's a story for another day. Earlier this week one of my classmates celebrated her birthday in class. I was in the library working on a project and was invited to participate. Well, I had plans to leave early that day. As I was walking down the staircase, I caught myself, turned around and went back and participated in the festivities. See, I am making progress :D Another reason I think I'm selfish with my time is most everyone I know do things at the last minute. And, if you know me, I don't like last minute. Most of my family and friends live 30 to 45 minutes away. It takes me an hour to get ready and then I have to drive all that way. Argh! Hey, what can I say I'm a planner. I know not everything can be planned, but I like being prepared and not feeling as though I'm being rushed. For example, my nephew had his first communion ceremony yesterday. I was just told the day before. Which is a great improvement, because sometimes I'm not told until the very day. What I've just learned and I guess you could say, I had an "A ha" moment while typing this. My family and friends are going out of there way by inviting me to celebrate in their happiness and thus creating memories that last a lifetime. So, from here on out I'm going to do my best to not be selfish with my time, because I'm only denying myself.

Have a great day! :D

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're always about self improvement! I'm definitely a planner too. :) I'm not over everything yet but I'm starting to understand that God has a better plan for me and this was meant to happen. I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete